Grand Canyon Field Guide
Printed in the USA.
Explore the Grand Canyon in the company of leading experts, with insight on geology, flora, fauna, scenic overlooks, epic drives, hiking and river-running logistics. In the landscape once called “The Great Unknown,” there’s much still to discover.
LOCAL STORIES, TRAVEL INTEL AND MODERN LORE, INCLUDING:- Insights from leading experts on geology, flora, fauna, history and culture
- Historic trading posts of note
- Intel from Native leaders and veteran hiking, backpacking and river guides
- Names of river rapids and their origins
- A broadcast transcript of one daredevil’s gorge-braving tightrope escapade
- Profiles of surrounding Southwestern towns
- An interview with a landscape painter
- A master canyoneers go-to sources for backcountry knowledge
- Original writing from acclaimed poet Sherwin Bitsui, novelist Ann Cummins and journalist James Pogue
- Our essential list of base camps, trails, road trips and overlooks for each quadrant of the park