- Self-driven and takes initiative to go above and beyond job description.
- Team player; can work independently as well as with teammates.
- Excels in customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude!
- Resourceful problem solver; ability to resolve issues in the moment.
- A passion for sustainable, handcrafted, ethically sourced goods & clothing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extremely organized.
- At least one year of experience in retail, familiarity with Shopify is a plus!
- Proficient in technology - basic computer skills, Google sheets & docs.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds (shipments, trash disposal, etc.)
- 15-20 hours/week baseline, mostly weekends
- Up to 25-30 hours during busy season if desired (Nov-Dec)
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience.
- Ring up retail customers with product purchases.
- Clean and maintain impeccable store cleanliness throughout each shift.
- Answer phone and process online orders throughout the sales floor hours.
- Meet and exceed daily sales goals via strong suggestive selling skills and high quality customer relation management.
- Open and close the shop following set operational procedures.
- Receive shipments & process inventory.
- Merchandise the store as new products arrive.
- Become an expert on our vendors and products to educate customers on our offerings.
- Support before or after-hours shop events as requested & scheduled by the shop owner.
- Attend monthly team meetings before or after store hours (paid).
- Support the shop product assortment by communicating customer demand, product need, marketplace trend and best/worst sellers to the management team.
- Posting to social media (IG Stories) in alignment with brand aesthetic.
- Assist shop managers + owner with website management (inputting invoices, category merchandising, etc.)